SFSI Test Structure, Garner Valley Array, CA
UNIVERSITY/RESEARCH STRUCTURAL HEALTH MONITORING PROJECT
- Location: Garner Valley Array, California
- Structure type: Steel-frame structure (image above)
- Purpose: To remotely broadcast data from multiple sensor types and multiple locations in collaboration with the California Geologic Survey.
- Channel Count: 32 channels
- Sensor type(s): borehole pore pressure transducers, surface accelerometers
- Overview: The Garner Valley Array is located in seismically active area of Southern California and home to an instrumented Soil Foundation Structure Interaction test facility (SFSI). In 2004, Digitexx designed a custom structural health monitoring system for the SFSI test facility. A 32-channel system was installed in the test facility that records and collects real-time data from a variety of sensor types: borehole pore pressure transducers and surface accelerometers. Since its installation, the system has recorded many small earthquakes, ambient/microtremor data, and forced vibration data.
Download the full case study to the left.